Thursday, February 14, 2008

and now back to my regularly scheduled happy blog!

After Uno's win yesterday, Marna received a frenzy of media action wanting to talk beagle with her. Which is, of course, amazing!! The media chose our rescue as the authority on everything beagle! What a great opportunity for us to educate people on the breed, on animal rescue...and on how freaking awesome beagles are!

B.O.B is making a second appearance on Animal Housecalls next Tuesday too (I'll post details soon)!! We'll be featuring our lovely Vada - the newest addition to the B.O.B. family and the subject of our very special meetup on Sunday, March 2nd at Urban Dog here in Toronto.

I have been crafting a very special blog post about Vada that I will post in the next few days. She is such a beautiful dog, and we're overwhelmed by the support she has received already...just wait until you hear more about her!!

I'm also in desperate need of posting an Albert update!!!

Albert is, of course, our special little guy! He has metamorphasized from the scared, sad little boy we met hiding under a table at an animal shelter into a full-on beagle prince who adores his beagle siblings and humans equally. We actually don't remember a time without him :)

Look (this was taken this morning as I was running out the door to work)!!

1 comment:

Blanche said...

Hi......I would like to say, my first thought on Uno winning was a happy one.....but then I did remember what happened when the Newfoundland won the title.
I have a Newf.....and it seemed like a sudden explosion of people getting one. I even had people asking me for my breeders name. Our plan to "get" a Newf was well thought out.....and researched.
We also have a Beagle....adopted from a foster shelter, doing a favour for Marna....she had no space for him. This was someone else's throw-away dog. It took them less than one year.....to damage this sweet little dog. It took almost two weeks of sleepless nights to crate train him. My husband slept on the sofa (he had to work!) It took about 4 months before the dog felt safe enough to love us. Over time, we discovered how many things terrified him. He is petrified of the Gas man!!!!!, brooms, loud voices etc........
It took tons of time, and patience, but after FOUR long years this little Beagle has come a long way. I shudder to think that such a "cheap" breed of dog is going to become the next "dog to have". I hope Marna and friends will have enough places to hang the leashes of what's to come in the next year or so.....it makes me sad.