Monday, October 22, 2007

alberts busy sunday

I really meant to post yesterday, but we had a really busy day. Albert went down to Bickford Park yesterday to see how he would do at a regular dog park. I'll post in more detail later, but for now here are the observations:

-Albert is terrified of children. 2 little girls came over to pet Arthur and Stella, and I told them they couldn't touch Albert because he was a rescue dog. I kept him well away from the girls, but he himself was glued to my legs shaking! And he was several feet away from the kids.
-Albert is incredibly nervous around humans he doesn't know. I asked anyone that came over to pet him to kneel down to his level and speak gently to him. He did let people pet him, and by the end of the park visit he was much less nervous.
-Albert has a lot more energy now than when he first came to us...and his new favorite thing to do is roll around on his back on his doggie bed. He even lays there on his back with his belly exposed which means he's feeling pretty comfy in his foster home!
-Albert got a new Halloween collar yesterday, and now he matches Arthur and Stella! We'll put his cute little 'chien' collar that Marna got him back on after Halloween.

Did I mention that we absolutely adore Albert? (Just in case it wasn't obvious!)

No comments: