Tuesday, October 23, 2007

i think he likes us :)

Albert has been very good in his crate, and hasn't made a peep...until last night. It was raining out, and you could hear the rain on the glass. I woke up at about 4am and could hear Albert whimpering. Nothing loud at all, but the sound of a whimpering beagle breaks my heart, so I grabbed my pillow and blanket and set up shop on the couch. After a pee break, Arthur and Stella curled up under my blanket with me. Albert was quiet on the dog bed for a few minutes, and then started whimpering again. I called his name to see if he wanted to come up with us. He came over, gave me a lick, and went back to his doggie bed. A few minutes later he was snoring :) When I woke up this morning, this is what I saw...how cute is this guy!?



We met this little guy last Tuesday night. He was shaking like a leaf under a table at the dog shelter. And look at him now!

Albert is a poster beagle for Big On Beagles. Marna saw it in him immediately and told us "this guy is why we exist". She was right. This dog is so loving and gentle. Seeing him come out of his shell is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. (And it hasn't even been a week yet!)

No comments: