Thursday, January 31, 2008

it's all ebay's fault!



Every now and then I log on to ebay and search the word "beagle". I haven't done it in quite some time because...well...I've been busy with my three real beagles!

Last night everyone was snuggled up on the couch, and I decided to see what was happening on ebay. Well let me tell you...there was beagle-stuff galore! I ended up bidding (and winning) a vintage ink and paper sketch of beagles that is gorgeous. I also found some really cute beagle bag/purses. Lots of beagle accessories of course (I restrained myself, but only because Adam was sitting right there)...and this thing!

What is it you might ask?

It is a fake beagle puppy sleeping on a dog bed. But get this...it breathes!

CREEPY!!!

I told Marna that she should keep a few of these on hand in case she gets any more calls from people asking her if "she has any beagle puppies in stock".

I'm not even joking...someone called her and asked if she had puppies in stock. Like a dog rescue is a store and a beagle is a pair of socks.

Reminded me why Big on Beagles exists in the first place.

1 comment:

debbiep said...

Okay so I'm not the only one who does the "Beagle Search" on e-bay. My hubby always tells me that no one else does that. I'll have to show him this. I'm currently wearing the most adorable beagle snowflake earrings from e-bay, and yes I've seen those purses as well. Kind of like some of the t-shirts. I love the fake beagle puppy sleeping. I've seen other dogs and cats but never the beagle before.