Friday, November 23, 2007

going to NYC

I get to travel a few times a year for work, and this year the event we are producing is taking us to the Big Apple! I LOVE New York City and can't wait to run a super-successful event (and do a little shopping at Target!).

As much as I love to travel, I loathe leaving my beagles. I know they are fine with their beagle daddy, and I'm sure I miss them more than they miss me. Either way, leaving my beagles for an extended period of time sucks! (Take a look at the detailed notes I leave for my very loving and very tolerant husband!)

But traveling is also a good opportunity to meet new beagles! Two years ago, work took me to Japan. I met TWO beagles within five minutes of each other on the beach at Kamakura! I even took photos of them! Look! Japanese beagles (one was 18 years old!)




The last time I was in NYC I met a beagle and his person late at night in Greenwich Village. I was on my way back to my hotel when I ran into said beagle. I had nice chat with the person, and he told me that beagles were perfect NYC dogs - good size, good temperament...their sniffers didn't matter because they had to be on a leash in the city anyway, and most of the dog parks are fenced in.

My fingers are crossed that I run into some more New York Beagles! I'm close to Central Park, so if luck is with me perhaps I'll run into a beagle bash!

No comments: